Tuesday, August 5, 2008

In the News - What is a Reasonable Cost for Entertainment?

From the Orlando Sentinel, story located about mid-page:

“Ice bar -- how cool is that? Tourists on International Drive may soon have a new way to cool off: a bar made of 50 tons of ice. Investors Patz and Ron Turner said they visited "ice bars" in Europe and wanted to bring the concept to the U.S. The attraction planned by Icebar Orlando LLC will feature walls, furniture, sculptures and even glasses made of frozen water. Guests will enter through Chill Lounge, a 4,000-square-foot bar with a Nordic theme. Admission to the 1,000-square-foot Icebar will start at $35 a person. Guests will get a vodka drink and will be provided with a cape and gloves to wear during the 45-minute experience. Design and construction is being managed by Bill Whidden, owner of Orlando-based Ice Magic Holdings Inc.”

WHAT? Did that say $35 for a 45-minute experience? I don’t have a problem paying for entertainment once in awhile, but this cost seems excessive to me. Would you pay this cost of admission for this experience?

7 comments:

letterstoelijah said...

That does seem a bit excessive. However, I've heard it can get pretty hot in Florida in August!

Anonymous said...

what is entertainment? since tightening down the budget/paying off debt - I forgot what that word means!

Unknown said...

This is not reasonable. Living in PA, we just have to wait until December or January and sit out in the snow and ice for awhile. And it's FREE!!

Amy said...

LOL, suellen! You have a point; however, it typically does not snow in Florida.

SF said...

I dropped my son off at the movies yesterday and since I was there at the theater, I decided to check out something, too.

Talk about sticker shock! $9.25 for a ticket!!! What is that about?

The movie was Mamma Mia! and it was actually good. But, shoot, next time I'll wait for the DVD release.

SF said...

PS: You've been TAGGED! By me! Get the details on my blog! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Tag, Your It!


You've been Tagged! Find out what 2 do now at WorldofHomemaking.com.