Monday, June 2, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog?

That is the question…

Many of my acquaintances have blogs, and a quick query search reveals that many others are participating in the world of blogging. So I ask myself, “should I enter the world of blogging?” Sure, why not? Since this is my first official blog, this is really just a test to see how it works and therefore not likely all that entertaining; but I need to start somewhere.

Ready, set… here we go!

Step 1 – Create an account. Sounds easy enough; just click on the button.

Email address; pre-entered. I guess that is a bonus.

My name; yep, that is already entered too.

Display name; I didn’t think about that. I guess “Amy” will work.

Acceptance of terms; let’s see what they are. I hate it when you open terms and find they contain a bunch of additional links. Do I really need to read every word on this page and the links contained within? Blah, blah, blah, “obey the rules and restrictions”; blah, blah, blah, “privacy policy”; blah, blah, blah, “______ takes no responsibility”; blah, blah, blah, “______ claims no ownership”; blah, blah, blah, “______’s trade names” (hmm, I better look at that one close considering how many times I have already typed “______” – replaced with “______”, just in case); blah, blah, blah… Okay, I accept.

Step 2 – Name your blog. That’s a tough one. I want a name that is catchy, and will last throughout the life of my blog. I wonder if it can be changed later? Of course the answer is not conveniently located on the signup page. I guess I had better think about it… “One Mom’s Quest” it is.

Step 3 – Choose a template. Excellent, this one I can change later…

Woo-hoo! My blog has been created! Now I can add my posts to it, create my personal profile, or customize how my blog looks. It is late now, so I guess I end here and come back another time… so many settings, so little time!

1 comment:

Sambrina's Mama said...

welcome to the world of bloggin!